startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hi
I need to get to my startup, when i start up(login) it comes up with this windows installer, which leads to some sort of lost link, one of those point to the file things.

can you tel lme how to access my startup?

What you need to do is to find the program that is trying to run on startup and remove it. There are 3 places this could be.

First, look in the startup program group. Start -> All Programs -> Startup. If it's there, simply delete it.

Second, if it's not int he startup group, Start -> Run -> msconfig
Click on the startup tab and remove whichever app is bothering you.

Lastly, if it's not there, it could be in the startup registry key. First off, I have to warn that editing your registry incorrectly can cause irreversible problems with your computer.

To check this key, go to Start -> Run -> regedit
Navigate to this key
HKey_Local_Machine -> Software -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> Run

This key should look similar to what was in the msconfig startup menu. If the program is there remove the string.

If it's still not there, navigate to this key. (Make sure you're logged into the profile that has the annoying popup)

HKey_Current_User -> Software -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> Run

Remove the key from there.

If it still can't be found, you've baffled me :p

go to run, type in msconfig, enter. you should see the startup tab...

not sure if this is what you are looking for.

edit:
err....bla got there a second before me.

hey i have got realtek chip on my mobo, and the sound is still working,

it comes up with this error SPOTxdePlayerDLL.msi, it can't fild some file which was supposed to be there and ends up looking at folder, i cancel it and then tries to do the windows install again, about 4 more times, before my cancel finally works.

please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom