Starting up my machine on a schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mist

Solid State Member
Now what I want to do is to be able to for example start up my machine every day at 6.45am

I did an extensive google search and the only option available was to leave a power supply plugged in and do it via the BIOS.

Now i'm pretty much computer illiterate to be honest so I don't know how to even use the BIOS. But in my very brief manual there was no reference to any advanced settings which would allow me to do this.

So i entered the BIOS on startup and confirmed that nowhere was an option to schedule a startup to a schedule.

Are there any other options to how I can do this as i'd really like to be able to start up my machine just before i go to college. Then i can set up a scheduled task to download my emails and stuff to read before i go to college :)

Thanks in Advance

Regards,
- Dean

I know that most bios have a wake on lan. I have never heard of what you are wanting to do tho.

me neither, i have never heard of an option in BIOS to start your computer up on a schedule. The only way i would think to make it work is with wake on lan also.

i have never tried it but if your computer is shut down and someone attempts to connect to your computer through your network using the local area network or a wide area network (internet) your computer will turn on to accept the request.

and also i've heard that you can use wake on modem which works the same way except using dialup and your modem.

i don't understand why you are needing to download the emails because can't you just acess the email at college? all you would need is the information to access your email service and set it up on your email program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom