Start up of outlook, windows installer initializes

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGCOMP

Solid State Member
Whenever I open my MS Outlook, before it opens I get some windows installer box opening that says "Microsoft xp professional with Frontpage" then it gives me some error message 1706 saying it cannot find the software to initialize.

It is driving me nuts, are there any quickfixes for this problem? I truly have no clue whatsoever.

Any help woudl be GREAT!

Thanks in advance.

Is it asking for a file? If so, copy Frontpage to your harddrive and when it askes for the file, point it to the folder you just made and find the file. If this isnt your problem, did you try to uninstall FP?

I do not use frontpage as far as I know. I am not sure what even is or does. How do I install it?

one of the messages says that " the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable"

then it tells me to find or direct it to a file called PROPLUS.MSI

Any clue?

Do you have the Office XP cd? If you do, copy the cd to your harddrive and when it asks you for that file, browse for it and then once you find it, it will install that file.

I do not believe that I do. I will look for it again. Is there any other way to get it? When I copy it to the hard drive do I just save it to, say, "my docs"?

Sure can. I would put it in program files thou just to be safe. You will need that cd so try to find it or get ahold of one if possible.

Tell you what I can try. I have Office XP and I can get the file for you and email it to you and that could work. Want to give it a try?

sure that would be great! I can give you my email adress via PM.

Thank you for all your help, I really know very little about all of this.

Ok, send it and when I get to work tomorrow....i will email you thie file. Should be very small, a few kb's.

If that registry entry does not work, try this but only if you have the cd. Make a backup of te file first just incase the file becomes corrupted. rename mso2002.dll to proplus.msi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom