Standby problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
I am having problems with my comp going on standby regularly, i cant even finish a virus scan because it goes on standby. When i play games...same thing and even when it is idle.

I did that and then it just turns straight off, I have checked everything that I can think of...Power cords, power options in settings, even the on/off and restart cables...
Is it a virus or what??

try looking into you motherboards bios power options and try to disable all standby power features...other thatn that power control schemes is the only other thing I can think of, could be the chasis...??? weird

"The EMP..."

Your computer is using some energy star feature that regularly put's it on standby to save energy.

Open the Control Panels folder and there should be something called "Power Options". there you can turn that feature OFF.:cool:

yes but it shouldnt go into standby when its not idle like when he stated hes playing games. i dont kno of ne setting that will make it go into stand by after a certain amount of time besides a third party software. if its not idle it shouldnt be going into standby by itself.

"The APU..."

neversleeps said:
yes but it shouldnt go into standby when its not idle like when he stated hes playing games. i dont kno of ne setting that will make it go into stand by after a certain amount of time besides a third party software. if its not idle it shouldnt be going into standby by itself.
Good point. it could be a chipset error, thoe it would likeley be a problem with the hard drive.
Try going in safe mode and use SCANDISK to check for any problems.:cool:

I suspect that GameGuru has missed something.

GameGuru, in the power options of your control panel, take a very careful look again your power options. Look through all the tab settings again. There is an option where it says something like "computer goes into standby after" so many minutes and it gives you a drop down menu box for the duration. I take it you are using a PC rather than a laptop, DO NOT use stand-by or Hiberation mode for a PC - they are desgined for use by a laptop only.

Just for correction, the hard drive would have nothing to do with the motherboard's/operating system's standby features. It's the software, unless you have a convieniatly placed bad sector right where the standby settings are saved.

You might want to check your video drivers. I have seen video drivers do weird things to standby. If not clear the startup environment threw msconfig incase a 3rd party program running in the background was causing it. Are you sure that the computer is going in to standby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom