standby

Status
Not open for further replies.

11shane

Beta member
When turning off my PC i use to have 3 options: Standby, turn off, restart. I recently reformatted my hard drive with the recovery disk that came with my machine...BUT now standby no longer works.Is this a power management issue or device driver issue or ? Ive noticed under device management i have 2 yellow question marks: Video controller(vga compatible) and smbus controller have no drivers. Using the Install update driver Wizard doesnt work .The manufacturer of my machine doesnt support these drivers(guess thats what happens when you have an older machine). Actually dont know why im worrying about these yellow question marks as my machine works quite well right now..BUT....i have lost my standby button. Any suggestions how to solve my loss of standby.....

It wouldnt go into standby cause there is something that is operating in the background that is preventing it from going into standby. Find that application and you will be able to go into standby.

Almost nobody list this solution, very easy to do and is almost always the culprit. Go to control panel, select system, select hardware, select device manager. Scroll down to see these two devices--Modem, the other is Network adapter. Click on the plus sign of Modem, right click on your modem device. Select properties. De select allowing device to bring out of standby. Do the identical steps for the Network Adaptor. This has fixed EVERY friend I know who has this problem.

That might work, if they even have a modem installed. Considering that modems are not even on modern mother boards anymore and the only modem you can haveis one you install or have connected externally that is not always the solution anymore.

I have not had a modem in over a decade. So how can that always be the solution of the device in question is not even installed anymore on computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom