stack dump-disk checking

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhsrcjh

In Runtime
Sometimes the blue screen pops up and has something on it about stack dump. I don't really know what is happening. It happened this morning and I restarted my computer. Now it goes into disk checking. I have a C D and E drives. It will check D and E just fine but when it tries to check C, it just sits there doing nothing. The percent that shows up where it is checking the drive stays on 0 and never moves. Can someone tell me what is happening?
I have W98 on C drive. XP Home on D drive and just records and info on E drive. I keep W98 on C drive for my grandson to play his games on. I have XP Home as my default system.
The D and E drives are on the same hard drive. This has happened several times and if I reinstall XP, it is fine for a few weeks and does it again.
I have 448 ram, 750 AMD on a Tbird motherboard. Don't remember the video card.

Have not updated with SP-1. I heard of so many problems with it that I have not bothered with it. This just started happening. Would it help to just get rid of W-98? It is just used for games amyway. I did not write the file number down. If it happens again, I will write it down.
What is happening when this takes place????????????????

It happened again on startup. Only this time after a reboot, it only checked drive D and not C or E.
Here is the error that came up.
stop 0x0000008E [0x0000005,0xBF88138A,0xF4B25BAQ,0x00000000
BF88E38A base at BF800000 datestamp 3b7de698

i encountered this issue before, and i soon learnt that its due to dual boot with Win98 and XP, coz' all my friends whom i did a dual boot with 98 and XP had the same problem. Think it would be better to just use XP. As for compatibility issue, well XP had a backward compatibility with programs that accept 98SE. I tried running games that aint designed for XP before and it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom