SSD issues WIN 7

bmac67

Beta member
Hey guys, I have a bit of an issue with my rugged tablet made by tabletkiosk. The machine came with a 1.8" 120gb sata drive and factory installed windows 7 pro.

Product page :
eo TufTab a7230XD Rugged Ultra-Mobile PC by TabletKiosk

I wanted to change out to a SSD drive in hopes of getting a little more battery life, speed and make it even more durable as this is used in an offroad 4x4 as a GPS and general pc.

I went and got a Kingston V-180 64GB drive and made myself a windows 7 pro usb thumb drive boot disk. Boots up and installs on the one and only drive fine ( although not very fast) system works as it should but it is way slower that the HD that was in the machine. The BIOS has no function for AHCI but knowing this machine was only produced with SATA I am not sure if this is an issue. I know the drive is good as I did a windows xp install using this SSD drive in a older PC and it worked great. That was XP though. SO when I did this install when I got to the install screen in 7 I deleted the partition (as it had a previous copy of XP on it) and let 7 re-format it or do what it needed to do.

Could that be my problem as I didn't do a secure erase?

Any input would be great and I would greatly appreciate it.

-Bmac

Back
Top Bottom