SQL server error

Status
Not open for further replies.

wicked23

I know things...
I'm running windows XP pro and I'm getting an error everytime I try to connect a new ststem data source, in the odbc data source administrator box. I've googled the error and none of the recommended fixes worked.
here is the error:

Microsoft SQL server login
connection failed:
sql state:'01000'
sql server error:10061
[microsoft][odbc sql server driver][tcp/ip sockets]connectionopen(connect()).
connection failed:
sqlstate:'08001'
sql server error:17
[microsoft][odbc sql server driver][tcp/ip sockets]sql server does not exist or access denied.

Now i know this issue is only on one machine. It has nothing to do with permissions etc. It worked then after i tried to connect 2 the tables using access 07 it screwed something up.

I tried deleting the connection and reestablising another in hopes it would get corrected, this also gives me an error.
I noticed when I add the new sql server driver, when I go to connect to the server, my server is in the drop down box twice. I think the problem lies here.
In every other pc it is in only once. I can connect to other servers but not the one I need . This has stumped alot of people.

Is there any way to resetthat list of servers to get rid of the glitch?

I quess what I'm after is the name of the .dll i can replace that is associated with the list of network servers.

Do you mean the sql server driver in the odbc data source administrator box? Then YES that is when i get the error. When the original connection got corrupted I deleted the driver then tried to reinstall.

fixed it. if anyone cares here is the solution.

in the registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\Client\connectto
apparently when i tried to connect to sql databases with access 07 i prematurely closed out the process and there was an entry here and in DB-lib that had to be deleted.
It was like it was permately stuck into trying to connect, hence why I had to of the same exact server names in my drop box. In connectto OBDC temporary shows the connection in connecto then deletes it when finish

Glad you got it fixed. I just found some info on this finally. But sadly none of the solutions were as easy as what you had found. They involved some intense testing to find the issue. Glad it is working now for you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom