Spyware/Virus/Other Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumblebee Tuna

In Runtime
I have a PC with windows XP. I've cleaned all accounts (in Safe Mode) using Trendmicro, Panda, Stinger, Hijackthis, Adaware SE Personal, Spybot, and Spy Sweeper. Removed all the appropriate stuff, but there are still issues. When I try and connect to an online Virus scan, it won't let me click on the link that sends me to the scanning. In other words I can get to where it tells me to "Scan Now," I press the link, and nothing. It doesn't move. Also, when I tried to do Windows updates, it keeps giving me errors saying it can't connect. Then I tried installing Norton Anti Virus (I was desperate:amazed: ), it installed, but I couldn't do anything else with it, I couldn't even open up it's main window. I know there's something else in there, but I don't know how to find it. Suggestions please :)

Did you disable everything that is starting up with windows except your virus scan software via MSCONFIG? Also I would try the Microsoft Anti Spyware beta to see if that catches anything else as it usually catches more than all the above mentioned.

I've disabled everything in MSconfig, but no, MS antispyware dind't fix it either. Personnally I think MS Antispyware is crap. I've used it several times, and I find that it finds next to nothing. Anways, anyone else have suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom