SpyWare/Adware Keeps coming back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
shadowuser software

I was a beta tester for a program called shadowuser recently that is really an interesting concept. The software lets you run your computer in a state called shadowmode which is really a virtual volume. It can prevent spyware and other malicious code, because after running in this mode, the user decides what to save and what not to save or you can setup exclusion files and folders for automatically updating changes real time, but everything else is protected and with each reboot the system is exactly like it was before. I don't know exactly how it worked, but unlike GoBack and other technologies, it didn't slow my computer down at all.

It is really a very nice product, although, probably best for the most extreme techies.

The beta program finished and the product is probably available.

www.shadowstor.com

God DAMMIT. Just restarted my computer today, and the f'ing link is back in my profile. I deleted EVERYTHING bazooka found and everything Spysweeper found. This is such B.S. What do I do next?

reformat-reformat-reformat-reformat.........did u use spybot?!

in what way does Adaware NOT run, does it just plain not open at all? does it just not want to scan? does it lock up? what exactly doesn't it do? be specific please.....

Adaware is strange. It begins to load, and then it stops all of the sudden. The little adaware box would pop up right after I double click it, then from anywhere from like .5 to 2 seconds later it would close.

I talked to a friend of mine, and found me a program that went in and got rid of it. Evidently it's a virus. Here's a link to the page where you can download the program that will get rid of it. If you see ANYONE that has a link in their AIM profile like "Molotov.itv" or if they send you a link that says that, DO NOT click it. If you already have (or see someone with it in their profile) go here and download this program. It seems to be the only way to get rid of it (minus formatting).
http://www.jayloden.com/MolotovFix.htm (don't worry this is NOT the virus).

If your Pc's 2-3 years old & ya got all your software I'd just Format that sucker. Consider it a nice spring cleaning!

Please do this. Click here: http://www.sherrylynn.us/HijackThis.exe to download Hijack This. Save it to itÂ’s own folder (not temporary files or the desktop).
Close all open windows and open HIJACK THIS. Click “Scan”. When the scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change to “Save Log”. Click on “Save Log” and save it to NotePad. Copy the entire log and paste it here.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET, most items that appear in the log are harmless or even needed. Wait for someone to analyze the scan and advise

maybe we can see what is loading it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom