Spybot Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold123

Baseband Member
Every time i run spybot(even if i run it back to back a few times in a row without doing anything in between) it always detects; Problem: DSO Exploit 5 Entries. Any idea on how to fix this or why spybot ISNT fixing it?

This is an error in Sypbot...as far as I understand it should be fixed. See if there is a newer version of the program available.

It's not an error is SB. It's an old exploit in IE that it picks up if the update is not installed for SB. Go to www.majorgeeks.com and download it there.

The DSO Exploit is a security gap in IE. Microsoft did already repair this, so if you have all Windows updates and patches installed, it will not be dangerous for your system. Spybot S&D will still find it, because it contains an invalid value. Spybot S&D just has to reset that value. Unfortunately, in the current version, it sets again an incorrect value, so it is found in the next scan. Please update your main program.

It is actually an error in spybot and a hole in IE.

One of the registry entries in IE is set badly, spybot sees this and tries to fix it, unfortunately it sets it to another value which is also bad. Updating your version of spybot will fix this though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom