spybot deleted virus in registry - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 08:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Techie

I have win98 on the other half of the HD, and I reinstalled spybot to the same place, (That was when I thought it was a virus that was causing xp to freeze) so the backup fix won't work.

I turned system restore on about two months ago. I went into Start-Programs-Accessories-System Restore. I went back about two weeks (I ran spybot yesterday) But that didn't fix the problem.

Would reinstalling windows xp delete all the programs I have installed?

"Naming them would either make it clear that Linux is not infringing at all (which is quite possible, especially if the patents are bad), or would make it possible to avoid infringing by coding around whatever silly thing they claim,"

"So the whole 'We have a list and we're not telling you' should tell you something. Don't you think that if Microsoft actually had some really foolproof patent, they'd just tell us and go, 'nyaah, nyaah, nyaah!'?"

whole story here: http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/21...-microsoft-put
Old 06-22-2006, 08:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Techie

Is there any other way to restore the registry. I didn't create a registry backup before I ran spybot.

"Naming them would either make it clear that Linux is not infringing at all (which is quite possible, especially if the patents are bad), or would make it possible to avoid infringing by coding around whatever silly thing they claim,"

"So the whole 'We have a list and we're not telling you' should tell you something. Don't you think that if Microsoft actually had some really foolproof patent, they'd just tell us and go, 'nyaah, nyaah, nyaah!'?"

whole story here: http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/21...-microsoft-put
Closed Thread