spoolsv - cpu usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

willsko87

Daemon Poster
I have done a format lately and reloaded Windows XP Pro. I tried putting the computer on standby why I wasnt using it for a while. When it came up with a message saying spoolsv is functioning or something and needs to be closed before the computer can be put in standby. Now I know that spoolsv is the printer spooler and i closed the process so that I could put the computer in standby. When closing the process I realised that that its process is taking up approx. 95% of the CPU Usage. After I come out of standby I think it re-opens and does the same thing. I have no problem with it be there but Im not printing anything so how could get it to stop using the CPU and not letting me go into standby?

Sorry if its confusing... :)

Thanks guys!

no.spoolsv is for print..it always occupied the cup..if you donn't need print ,you can close it..

use win+r,then input control,then select manage tools,then server,find out the print spooler..forbid it..then restart your computer....it won't bother you any longer

This is a possibility

Process File: spoolsv or spoolsv.exe
Process Name: Microsoft Printer Spooler Service

Description:
spoolsv.exe is a Microsoft Windows system executable which handles the printing process to your local printers. Note: spoolsv.exe is also a process which is registered as the Backdoor.Ciadoor.B Trojan. This Trojan allows attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data. It is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately. Please see additional details regarding this process.

i know that spoolsv is the printer spooler but I'll run Ad-Aware to see if its the trojan Warez Monster. jlyouyou im not sure where how to get to where your directing me can you explain that again.
Thanks guys

hey guys...i havent been on for ages. i sorta ignored this for a while but its pissing me off atm because its making the computer slow. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom