Spoofing Computer information

Status
Not open for further replies.

sew3521

Solid State Member
How would able able to spoof the information my borwser sends to a webpage to make it think im running windows 98 instead of windows xp? I have tried googleing this however i had no luck. I thought i have read somewhere how to do this before however i might be wrong.
Thanks,
Stephen

I hate when ppl just write "bump" in a post so i will ask a question.

Is this just not possible? Or are people not wanting to answer this question because im new?

I'm moving this to the Windows forum... maybe someone there will know about this. I have no idea.

***Moved thread***

well AOL offers McAfee for free if you have anything before windows 2K... If you have 2k or XP you will have to get AOL Safety and security center...which sucks ***... I dont want to pay for my vscan and i dont like pirateing software i use all the time...and am not a fan of AVG...thus im trying to figure out a wayto make my comp show up as 98 to get Mcafee...

im pretty sure maybe someone can correct me but, if they give you mcafee for anything below win2k it will be an old discontinued version only really suitable for anything under win2k. but i could be wrong.

P.S i wouldnt use anything with the name AOL in it unless you really really really must.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom