speeding up your computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

morris94

Solid State Member
i am currently saving to buy a new computer and i am currently relying on a acer netbook.

Recently it has started running slow and wondered if anyone has any suggestions to how i could improve its performance

More to do with just general performance but you could also suggest some methods to speed up network speed i would appreciate suggestions for both .

open task manager (ctrl + left shift + esc), in lower left it shows how many processes you are running. let us know how many. also click performance tab, how much is available under physical ram.

you could click start. type msconfig (if xp, u must click run first) and press enter. click diagnostic startup. click ok, reboot. this reduces the amount of apps that start automatically. is it better?

also there's this

http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/spyware-asylum-osiris-updated-5-7-2010-a-165828/

Well overall the netbook isnt that fast. I mean an Atom CPU @ 1.66GHz and 1GB of RAM is not that much. Add into that more programs that get installed over time and more resources being taken by said programs and it will start to show.

i have 61 processes does this slow my laptop down alot ? (this is in the task manager)

Yeah that will. That means that there are 61 items uses up your 1GB of RAM. You need to run msconfig and clean up how many processes you have running at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom