Speeding bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Threepwood

Daemon Poster
Hi recently i disabled some of the windows services to cause less memory to be used, now however it takes forever to boot up.

the problem is that it sits at the windows is starting up screen for a long time, for seeming no reason. The hard drives arnt doing anything during that time so its just waiting. Is there a timer somewhere that I can set to 0 to make this not happen?

I'm not gonna guarantee it will work, google Microsoft Bootvis download, its supposed to work. as for the timer...99.999% chance no.

Download Regseeker, it has some nice features that can speed up a system and will clean the registry. FREE!.

Also use disk defragmenter.

Yeah I have heard Bootvis is a nice utility. Also run a disk cleanup if the drive is running out of space and defragment your drive, will help improve things.
Also check ur startup list here, see if u'v unchecked something that ought to be there,
http://castlecops.com/StartupList.html.

Hello , to get a faster bootup time go to MY Computer > Control Panel > User Accounts it then says Pick a Task, pick change the way users log on and off , then untick Use the Welcome Screen..

You can also Hasten bootup by going on Start > Run > MSCONFIG > STARTUP TAB and getting rid of the processes you do not need.

Tone Down those graphics go to Desktop , Right Click , Properties , Settings , put it to 16Bit as it wont use so much colour as 32Bit does.

Clear the Prefetch folder out by going to START > RUN > PREFETCH then press CTRL + A to select all and Delete them and then Restart your pc.

NvidiaDude

Re-enable the services you disabled, then disable one, reboot, and keep going untill you find the one that causes the issue. Also, if you are using an atlernate shell (ie litestep) it is normal for it to take forever to get by the welcome screen, something about explorer being so embeded in windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom