is this spam? Office 2k7 Ultimate $59.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool! and you guys don't have to rush, TOO much ;)

Promotion Duration:
This offer commences at 12:00PM Pacific Daylight Savings Time on September 12, 2007 and all purchases must be made via the Promotion web site by 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time on April 30, 2008 at which time the offer ends.

but some of you ultra procrastinators just have to be careful...i'm a sub-ultra procrastinator.

Not worth it IMO, at the bottom of that page it says that it is basicaly, a trial, 25 starts free, after that it acts only as a viewer.

Do a whois of the web address, i'll bet it is a Chinesse web site. I have seen them b4. There tech support or contact us , no phone , no email, just a page to put in info for them to contact you.
stop, think about it. Microsoft is selling it for $200, this company $59
you have to ask your self why
they probably will steal your cc#

----edited ---
I stand corrected
they are in NY ...or at least the servers are

Registrant:
Mr. Youth, LLC
298 Fifth Ave
5th Floor
New York, New York 10001
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (Internet Domain Name Registration, Domain Transfers. Your domain name search starts here.)
Domain Name: THEULTIMATESTEAL.COM
Created on: 03-Jul-07
Expires on: 03-Jul-09
Last Updated on: 03-Jul-07

Administrative Contact:
Director, Interactive
Mr. Youth, LLC
298 Fifth Ave
5th Floor
New York, New York 10001
United States
(212) 481-0216

Technical Contact:
Director, Interactive
Mr. Youth, LLC
298 Fifth Ave
5th Floor
New York, New York 10001
United States
(212) 481-0216

Domain servers in listed order:
NS57.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS58.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

...hurry and get your copy B4 the feds get there

LA1 it's a microsoft promo dude, so suspicious

http://www.microsoft.com/education/ultimatesteal.mspx
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/suites/FX102294021033.aspx

here's a little bit of international info for eu folks ;)

---
Microsoft has recently announced The Ultimate Steal, a limited-time promotion for college students starting today in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and starting September the 20th in Spain, Italy and France.

The Ultimate Steal Promotion offers students who are actively enrolled at eligible educational institutions to opportunity to acquire Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007 via the Web at a low student price of US$59.95, CA$64 , £38.95,

And for those of us outside the US, a one-year subscription license will also be offered for £12.95/€ 18.00/C$22.00 in addition to the perpetual license.
---

Not worth it IMO, at the bottom of that page it says that it is basicaly, a trial, 25 starts free, after that it acts only as a viewer.
No, you download the trial version. Then when you prove you're a student and pay your $59, they give you the authentication code to make it into the full version.

Pretty sweet deal. This is about half the normal price for the Student version of Office, which isn't nearly as good as the Ultimate version.

The only way this would be a spam post is if someone working at MS set up an account here to advertise. A good indicator is a very low post count. You've been around a while, and you just want to inform us of a great deal you found.

Not bad. OpenOffice is at a price you cant beat 0$.

I understand though, its a MS product at a dramatically lower price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom