Space/hard drive issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackvilly

Beta member
Hi,

Let me preface this by saying that I am far from a computer expert, so excuse me if my problem seems a little trivial. I am a stressed out Phd student and would love it if someone could help me out.

About a year ago, I bought an HP Pavilion dv6-3078x. A few weeks later, I moved to France. While there (I have sinced moved to Italy), my hard drive needed replacing. When I received my laptop back, the operating system was in French. As English is my native tongue, I wanted my OS to be in English. Hp sent me out some recovery disks, but they were faulty. A friend sent me Windows 7 Professional, and Windows 7 Premium Home edition. I loaded the professional copy on, but decided I would prefer the Home edition. When I loaded the Home edition, I tried to uninstall the Professional edition, but it created a shadow (is that the right word?) copy. I tried deleting the files, but I am still having problems. Even when I haven't loaded any other programs, there is very little space left on my C drive. Now there is only 16 GB left of the 76 GB. My computer is running very slowly.

I would like to delete everything off my hard drive and reload Windows 7 again. I want to free up some space. Could somebody please help me get rid off the files on my hard drive?

Thanks in advance!

Villanelle
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom