SP2 for Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure either.
All I read was everyone who has "auto update" enabled will try to download this SP automatically. It's what, 200 meg? Quite a nuisance for those with dialup. Instead of MS making a change, they want us to disable auto update. Not a problem for me and other knowledgable users, but what about the "other" users? :p

I downloaded it, but I have been reading the horror stories of all the problems with it. My first hand experience @ work is that it slows machines down moreso than what they are now (2.4 gig Celerons [compaq - duh] )

oh no - not UT2003! :p

The SP2 firewall isn't very friendly. You can config it a bit (it gives you a list of programs it's blocking and options to unblock them) but the basic options are either on or off.

I don't download any updates unless i really need them, or i know they aren't buggy. The sp1 was just like sp2 now when it came out, but as time goes, microsoft fixes these little things with critical updates. I wouldnt download it yet. Give it a lil time, plus if your comp is working fine, then y bother downloading 200 mb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom