Do you want a Tech Fourms IRC chat?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people are confusing M$'s reissuing of XP with SP2 included as XP2. That's all it is.

Most people in the tech half of the house refer to it as XPSP2, LOL. I refer to mine as XPProSP2. Liz

Warez Monster said:
only if your pc is slow, as is processor slow, and low on memory....I've seen this a few times, pc runs fine untill I install sp2, then it slows it down
I have it on an old Celeron 533 and it runs great...however I tried running the beta on it when it was available and I had to end up reformatting it. Since the final release it's worked great.

As far as Windows security vulnerabilities go I don't feel safe w/out installing their security updates.

Ill tell you abot my experiences with SP2. i installed it on my desktop computer, and i got a DrWatson Prosternom Debugger or whtever its called. Whenever i right click, i would get an error message and i cant right click. i go on the mircosoft website find the solution, now i odnt get the error but i still get windows error. I removed SP2, reinstalled it, same problem, removed it, reinstalled it, and finally i dont get the problem anymore. ON my laptop I had SP2 and there were more problems tha just that, so i removed it and i stick with SP1 for my laptop.

southernlady said:
Some people are confusing M$'s reissuing of XP with SP2 included as XP2. That's all it is.

Most people in the tech half of the house refer to it as XPSP2, LOL. I refer to mine as XPProSP2. Liz

Ok thankz

Microsoft reccomends that you should install it. But, like others have said, it WILL slow your system down. Internet speeds are going to decrease dramaticlly and if you use a P2P File Sharing Program, you will have horrible speed. There are some patches for some File sharing prgrams, that will speed it up and tweaks. If I were you, I would install it. ( Yes i know, you will have to sacrifice some speed)

P2P networks suffer drastically. I know that Warez has a patch for sp2 but I got tired of the slowness so I just went back to sp1. But as far as security is concerned, sp2 is alot better than sp1 and all of the updates that are going to be coming out will soley be for sp2. So it just really depends on what you are wanting to do.

I also have this installed with no problems. I have also had no networking issues even with the firewall turned on. I use heavy network applications to dial into work (VPN, AS400, TELNET etc etc) so long as you have the correct port settings in the exceptions tab you shouldnt encounter any problems. If anybody ever needs help configuring Cisco's VPN client with service pack 2 feel free to PM me for instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom