SP2 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekster

In Runtime
I installed sp2 on my wifes gateway 2gig pent 4 and all went smooth and still is. I have a dell 4500 and I recently replaced the mobo. I installed a gigabyte 8vm533m-rz and it ran well on sp1. when I installed sp2 , It turned off my sound in the bios and wiped out my sound drivers. When I reinstalled the sound, I put in my flight sim cd and it wouldnt read it. Anyone else had any similar problems with sp2? Any tips or advise? Am I at risk staying with sp1 on my dell?

The best way to do it in my book is to re-install everything. Start fresh with SP2. I installed SP2, when I rebooted after installing SP2, my pc froze at the Windows XP Logo. When I reformatted, then installed, all went well and have had no problems since.

u asked if u were at risk with only sp1, but u say u disabled both antivirus and firewall and u dont think thats risky

I got a copy of SP2 with a Computer mag the other month. By the way, did you know that Microsoft has discontinued the free security update cd that they send you with all the updates for windows. Least i still have mine (a bit out of date though), but im getting unlimited broadband next month :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom