Sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hitesh0528 said:
ya know i used linux back in school i never really liked it i dunno i think i am too use to windows

Linux is great if you are using it for the right purpose....it's not for the hard-core gamer.

beedubaya: Are you saying I am required to let Bill Gates sabotage the best performing Windows version I've ever worked with, the only version that I actually get to spend more time using than fixing?!?!
First off, ol' Bill ain't get'n jack shyt from you. He only gets money from his stocks now. Second, SP2 doesn't sabotage anything! Everyone agrees that Windows is the most attacked OS on the planet (because it's the most used) and SP2 is just another step in the process to changing that. The way the new architecture of the OS is going, MS really NEEDS to make its own security setups, including its own built-in firewall. Also, I'll point out that MS did a nice job of including some great user-friendly controls for its security features this time, instead of hiding things in the dark like they usually do.
Hitesh0528: geez ya figure microsoft the cool company they are would have done proper testing they got the money for it
MS has been testing SP2 for almost a year, and many of the technologies have been in testing for 2-4 years. They also released several beta versions for public and partner testing.
mre30: Yeah but without problems they won't have jobs it can't be as good as linux
It has nothing to do with keeping jobs. If all computers operated the same, with the same programs, and all users were the same, Microsoft wouldn't have to put as much time into compatability, inovation, and troubleshooting. Besides, if Linux was as important to the world's computer realm as Windows, they would have plenty of security problems. Guaranteed.
beedubaya: Linux is great if you are using it for the right purpose....it's not for the hard-core gamer.
A fair number of gaming servers are Linux, but that's usually because the admins like to tinker with open-source OSs and like to have a tinker-box.
mre30: everything you do on windows
You want a list? Or do you just want to save face and change "everything" to "some things"? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom