Sound Streaming

adamw123

Beta member
Hi guys!
First post on this forum, Hope to make some new helper buddys here:)

Okay, So basically, I have my main desktop PC hooked up to my HIFI systems in my room. I already use Homegroup to share my files and stuff between my laptop and PC.
My question is, Is there a way, to play a YouTube video (sound only) or Music file on my laptop, but wireless stream that sound to my PC so it would be played through my Hifi system?
If not :eek:, any similar alternatives? I'm open to suggestion on this situation :D

Thanks guys!
Adam

Welcome to the forums Adam! Hope you find your stay enjoyable and beneficial to your well being. So, to the point at hand! To make sure I am reading this correctly...You are looking for a way to play an audio file of some sort on your laptop, but pipe the data through your PC so the file plays on your home audio system?

As I have no prior knowledge/experience with HIFI or Homegroup... I am asking this purely from a theoretical stance, why not just set up the system so that your laptop is hooked up to the HIFI system and therefor anything played on the laptop will go through the HIFI system.

Welcome to the forums Adam! Hope you find your stay enjoyable and beneficial to your well being. So, to the point at hand! To make sure I am reading this correctly...You are looking for a way to play an audio file of some sort on your laptop, but pipe the data through your PC so the file plays on your home audio system?

As I have no prior knowledge/experience with HIFI or Homegroup... I am asking this purely from a theoretical stance, why not just set up the system so that your laptop is hooked up to the HIFI system and therefor anything played on the laptop will go through the HIFI system.
Yes you are correct, that is what I am trying to achieve,
I Can't Plug it in because my home audio system feeds from my main computer or any audio plugged in, then is played across many rooms, so unless I have a very long audio jack lead, I will have to be sat in my cupboard with my laptop.
Therefore I was looking for a wireless way to stream from the laptop to the main PC so I can be sat in any room and stream my audio.

Back
Top Bottom