sound problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimme

Solid State Member
I have on board sound it used to come through my desktop speakers so loud that at full blast the speakers would have blown. I dont know when but now the sound is quit and I have tryed the simple things. Any Ideas is it a windows thing or something from the support discs for the motherboard, could it be drivers i was getting code12 and code 10 errors but I think that was me making things worse
thanks

"I have tryed the simple things" Which ones?

Does Device manager show your sound device or are there exclimations?

OS?

Have you tried plugging in headphones or new speakers?

I have tried new speakers, the DM shows exclemarion mark under via 97 audio controler wich I have switched off as I dont have a via sound card but that turned up when i was trying to fix it. the op is xp pro in the via slot I have a graphics card but in that list under sound devices I have less than before but it has made no diference to my sound. it is on board sound the motherboard is asrock k7s8x I have not tryed head phones

they are all on default do you know how to get back the right simbles for volume ect on the active icon section mine have gone wired and I dont even have a volume icon gone through the list of alwas show or hide and they are all wrong do you know how to fix this
and now there is no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom