Sound plays really slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

iflyfish

Beta member
Recently on my desktop I noticed that I am not able watch streaming video or videos that are on my desktop computer without the sound from them playing in half-time. (The problem does not occur when I choose 56K video quality.) The video is fine or I do not notice a change in the video because I am blinded with frustration with this problem. This problem has just occurred recently without any idea what has caused it. I have tried reinstalling all audio and video codecs without any luck. Any ideas what my problem is?

I have a Gateway 1.2 Ghz AMD Athlon, 120G WD HDD, 1G RAM, 128MB video card, and on-board sound. This computer is on a cable modem at 1.5 Mbps download.

I know it is not my ISP provider because I can videos and what not on my laptop without a problem via a wireless connection.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried listening with a different audio player? If you've already uninstalled/reinstalled the sound drivers then perhaps it's the card itself that is either faulty or not meant for aggressive use. You may need to invest in a better sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom