sound performance problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antimullet

Baseband Member
I seem to have a problem with the sound performance on my computer, and I have yet to understand it. I am not sure if it is a hardware issue, a software issue, or maybe a little bit of both. Any input you could give me would be more than welcome at this point.

I have found that when my computer is on for any substantial period of time, all the audio in my system becomes choppy. Music will have seemingly random glitches, or skips, as will the audio in games, and even the sounds made when the computer shuts down.

I have also found that when these problems start occurring when I am writing a paper, for example, these glitches coincide with when I type or move the mouse, and do not happen if I leave everything be. It is as if these operations, which should be trivial in terms of system resources, actually cause these glitches in the audio performance.

The other day, I was playing a game when all of a sudden the sound became extremely distorted. All I could hear was static and feedback, along with almost a whisper of the sound I should have been hearing, but only somewhere in the background of these harsher noises.

I am sure these problems are related. I have integrated sound, which I am not proud of at all. I was planning on getting a new sound card, but not until I can get one for a reasonable price with a digital out that will plug into my stereo system. Maybe as my computer runs and uses the available memory, the audio suffers until I shut down my computer for a little while to clear the RAM?

Whatever the problem is, I would very much appreciate if someone could let me know what they think. Thanks.

go to run and type msconfig. unheck everything but your AV apps.
try turning down hardware acceleration

when you say to disable everything but my AV apps, should I go into the Services tab as well as the Startup tab? and how about any of the other tabs?

Try downloading registry mechanic. If that doesn't work try reinstalling an updated nic driver.

stay away from reg mech. You are just asking for more problems. Download CCleaner if you want something similiar, free, and better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom