Sound Issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProLooter

Solid State Member
I cant hear sound ever since I made my computer load basic devices and drives (msconfig). The only thing I would like to know is what is the service or driver for sound and what do I do to turn it back on. It seems that in shutting down all the useless devices adn drviers on my comp I shut down sound and how can you play any game without sound. Please help.

Sounds like you've disabled the sound device. I believe csamuels is going to point you in the right direction to address the issue. I've done this same thing before myself.

Right Click on My Computer>Properties>Hardware Tab>Device Manager.

What does it say for sound device? Does it have a ! or ? there If so your drivers are not installed correctly and wont work. Need to re-install them.
If they are installed correctly go the the destination that csamules gave you and look thru there make sure everything is correct.
If that still dont work try Start>Run>dxdiag and see what that tells you. It is about DirectX but you can test your sound there.
That is about all i can think of to get your sound working. Try some of that and see if anything works.

When I go to device manager nothing is there and I gave it ample time to load. When I run the direct x thing ti wont let me test to see if there is sound or not.

Okay you dont have sound drivers installed or they are not installed correctly. I see you messed with msconfig. If you remember what you did just undo it thru msconfig. I would only recommed stopping the service and drivers you dont need. To know which ones are which google them.
If that doesnt work you have to reinstall you sound drivers. Go to the manufactorer site and download them to install.

Is it onboard sound? If so you can go to the PC makers website and look thru the online manual to see what the sound device is that you have installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom