Sound Card not working/being recognised after reformat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grober

Solid State Member
I just reformated my comp to get red of a nasty rootkit(long story, relatives suck) and I can't get the sound card to work, the computer recognises "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC" as newly installed hardware and finds drivers for it, then says something is wrong with the installation. Device manager says "This device cannot start(code 10)." or something similair. Dxdiag says no sound card is detected. I don't know much about sound cards, never had a problem with one before.

Any help is greatly appreciated

You need to use something like Belarc Advisor, Everest or SiSandra Software and find out the make and model of the sound card and then google for the drivers.

Then install the drivers. ;)

Then restart and the problem should be fixed.

Moved to Windows. While this is hardware it is related to a software based part. More so toward Windows software as well.

Thank you, I ran Belarc and it came up with

" Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus" as the only thing under multimedia, I don't know what to do with that, but will google it and post back if I figure it out.

Make and model of the mother board will be of more use. Can go to the manufacturer's site for that and find the audio driver download from them 99% of the time.

Elitegroup Computer System Co.,ltd. Nforce6m-a 1.0

Downloading their audio codec for my motherboard model atm, *crosses virtual fingers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom