Sorry Windows, I'm working here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac_mogul

The Original Mac User
OKAY! I have been working on yearbook stuff all day, and about two hours ago, I got several pop-up Windows warning that said "Updates are ready to be installed"
I'm thinkin, I DON"T GIVE A CRAP! I HAVE A DEADLINE!
So I've just been X'ing out of them all day.
Well, I got fed up and let it install the updates. So I thought, "There, that'll shut it up"
It did shut it up until the updates were installed and I needed to restart my computer. Well, I'm kinda busy and don't have time to restart my computer right now, so I'll just click "I'll restart later"
So I continue to work. Ten minutes later, a dialogue pops up and says, "You need to restart your computer for the updates to take place"
So, once again, I click "I"ll restart later (retard)"
Then ten minutes of working later, it pops up again...
I click "Restart later"
TEN FRIKKIN MINUTES LATER IT POPS UP AGAIN!
So I just click restart later and then I have to go through all the documents I'm working on (like ten of them) and save them, write down the last things I typed so I can keep my train of thought going, and then I restart the damned computer...

Is there a way to make windows stop bugging me like that?? I don't mind the update thing, I know how to shut that off, but those stupid restart messages... can those be shut up? I'd really appreciate it.
:head explodes:
Oh, thats not a smiley? well, okay then.

Right click my computer>>properties>>automatic updates. Turn it off.

Make sure you remember to update automatically though!

edit: i did not read everything...

start, run, type services.msc

change the security center to manual, so you won't see that nagging little icon to remind you to turn it back on

I know how to control the automatic updates, and those don't bother me. But its the "restart your computer" reminder that bugs me. You'd think that clicking "restart later" would tell it to leave you alone, but it doesn't...:confused: But anyways, thats the only thing I want turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom