Sony Vegas Installation Issue - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2019, 11:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Unhappy Sony Vegas Installation Issue

This is a bit of a long story, so get ready. I have disclosed as much information as I can think of, if you need more info or have a solution, please reply below! Thanks!

So a while back, I installed Sony Vegas Pro 16 to my computer on an external hard drive ( The D: Drive). Recently, the hard drive failed, and the program files for Sony Vegas were on that drive. When I try to reinstall vegas to my PC, it responds with an error message stating that Sony Vegas is already installed. I went to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program, and found VEGAS Pro 16.0. Naturally, I tried uninstalling it, which it responded with an error message "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor". I cannot figure out how to fix this, so I would appreciate your support!

Just some additional info:
Sony Vegas Pro 16.0
I have tried cleaning the registry
Windows 10

If you made it to here, thank you for your time. If you have a solution or idea to this issue, please let me know ASAP. Thanks!

Old 11-07-2019, 06:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Default Re: Sony Vegas Installation Issue

Is there not a repair/reinstall option available when launching the installer? I can only suggest that you contact their support or online community for help. https://www.vegascreativesoftware.in...gas-pro-forum/

Also, It's no longer Sony... Another company bought Vegas from them.

c0rr0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Private Joker

Try Revo Uninstaller. Might have missed some reg files or something.

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

In situations such as that I manually go through the registry and remove all references to the problematic program. This may also be helpful in removing the program installer: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/3...p-utility.html

Tags
external hard drive, install, software, sony vegas