somewhat high cpu usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soviet

Beta member
My computer has been having a high CPU usage lately. It's only with web browsers. The thing is that it does it with all of them, not one specific one. The CPU usage isn't at 100 percent, but it's at 10 and I don't think 10 should be the average here. I think it's no more than 5.

Is it a virus or spyware? I've scanned for both and found nothing. Is it lack of physical memory? It seems something is slowing it down and making it use the fan in the back. I could hear it, but it's not too loud. All I know is that when I click at the task manager I see that internet browser is using up to 5 percent of the cpu thing by itself.

Hello,

A web broswer using 5% or even 10% CPU isnt that bad. It all depends on the web pages being loaded. If they are heavy flash sites like YouTube you will see a massive spike in CPU. If they are just a forum like this you should see between 2-5%.

So i really dont know what you are trying to get at. I see nothing wrong with what you described. If you are worried about it being spyware go thru our guide.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/spyware-removal-guide-osiris-updated-8-18-2008-a-165828/

Also having multiple tabs open also makes your CPU usage go up.

Cheers,
Mak

Possible spyware infection. Have scanned your pc with virus/spyware. Usually systems get slower over time. Defrag/System reinstall are also recommended.

Sam

I haven't had this problem in a while. But I would get high CPU usage visiting some sites that had some poorly written flash code. Restarting the browser was the only way to get my CPU usage back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom