Something terribly wrong with user accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryhasher

Beta member
I have two user accounts on this computer, one Administrator(obviously) and one called Homework, ever since I made the user account called Homework I've had problem after problem.
My first problem is that I can't login to the accounts the XP way, I have to use the old way of logging into user accounts. That being the system where you enter a username and a password, I have to do this because, say I restart/turn on the PC, when it comes to the login screen, it only shows 1 user account, Homework, even though Administrator is still there, so I login and go to control panel and then user accounts, all it shows is Homework and Guest Account(which is turned off). Now I don't mind logging on via the 'old' fashioned way, personally I prefer it.

My second problem is, I tried to delete the user account called Homework, which also has administrator priveledges, but I remember on my old PC the user account Administrator can delete other administrator priveledged accounts, but when I click on 'Homework' there is no option to delete selectable that will let me delete the account, this is really annoying as I want to change the system of logging in back to the XP way, but I can't as it autologs me into the user account Homework, but if I log out of Homework on the login screen it only displays 1 account....Homework.

So my question(finally) is, how can I delete this user account if there's no option to?
Sorry if I prolonged the question a little...I just wanted to provide more info about my conundrum.

Thanks,
harryhasher

Administrator is not meant to be used as a regular account. When other accounts are present, administrator is not visible on the xp logon except by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del twice. I think that's how it comes up anyway, it's been awhile since I've done it. To delete the account, you have to create another user administrator account. Think as if the administrator account didn't exist.

Creating another admin priveledged account would just double my problem....
There is no option to delete the account Homework from the account I'm logged in as (Administrator), in Control Panel. I can click on 'change account type' but the radio button that says Limited is not clickable....this is really messing with my PC and me.

Was the homework account created first? If so then that is the system administrator account. You will not be able to remove that account just rename it.

Was the homework account created first? If so then that is the system administrator account. You will not be able to remove that account just rename it.

Nope, the account I'm on at the moment (Administrator) was created first, I have no need to use Homework now since I've finished school so I wanted to delete it but I'm not able to...

Try Safe Mode. Hit F8 after your BIOS Splash Screen to get the Advanced Boot Menu Options. There select Safe Mode and see if you are able to log into the Admin account there and delete the Homework account.

I found the solution after hours of googling, Right click on My Computer, click Manage, then under System Tools click Local Users and Groups, then click Users, and then right click the account and then delete!
yay, can you close this since my question has been answered?

closed2ur0.gif

Per OP request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom