Something eating my disk space

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnegg12

Baseband Member
Hi all.
I recently installed windows xp. My disk is partitioned 3 ways- one 4 gig, and two 2 gig partitions. My problem is that when i right click on disk d: which is the 4 gig disk, it says I have only 400 mb space left yet when i go into d:, select all the folders and then click properties it says I have nearly 2 gigs space. Somerthing is eating this 1.5 gigs of space and I cant get at it or find it. The same problem is on disk c: but its only a difference of 200 mb.
Any help is much appreciated.

I am sure there are some hidden files you are missing. Check if "system files" are hidden in the folder options also. Use CTRL-A to select all files.

BTW.. I just checked on my comp. Its 300MB difference. I think its normal to have a small difference. Check if you selected your pagefile.

Thanks mate but i went in and made sure that allfiles are visible. The problem might have happened while i was burning a cd, when it was copying to the cache it ran out of space and crashed? Im not sure if this did cause it though.

You can delete thge page file, but I wouldn't advise it. It is needed for Windows to operate incase you use all of your physical RAM. It allows you to run more programs at the same time. You can decrease its size, but I would strongly reccommend you leave it alone, and don't delete it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom