Something Doubling, Tripling or more when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shandrakor

Baseband Member
I've recently built a new system and it runs great, thanks to help I received on this board. That being the case, I thought I'd ask here what's causing this...oddity.

Sometimes my games move at double, triple, or quadruple speed, rendering it quite difficult to play. I think, though I cannot be certain, that my mouse becomes hypersensitive as well. And once this happens, the only way to fix this appears to be restarting the computer. I think it's caused by Alt+Tabbing between applications, but I'm not sure. Do ya'll have any idea what could be causing this weirdness, and how to go about fixing it?

Shandrakor

Well from my experiences ive noticed that when i Alt-Tab between programs and games, when i come back to the game everything moves super quick for a a few seconds, but eventually always slows down. It seems as though by speeding up it is trying to catch up on what it missed. Does it do this on online games or on regular single player games?

Single player; I haven't tried any online games. The weird thing is that if I quit the program and then restart it everything is still moving excessively fast.

Back when I used to play Diablo 2 online I experienced the alt-tab situation you speak of. The game would speed up and then slow back down once it'd caught up. In extreme cases, going back to the server screen would fix the problem. This seems different, though I'm no expert. It's like something is altering something within Windows...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom