Someones been snooping

Status
Not open for further replies.

hambo_12

Baseband Member
Hi, I have a qiuck question.

On my computer at work, I noticed today that there is another username in the documents and settings folder. That means another person has been on my computer. Now I have full administer rights on the network, and so does this person.

Is there a way to tell what he has been doing on my computer, and when? I have some stuff (not bad) that I would rather this person not see, is there any way of checking if he has snooped at it??

i can't help you, but what are you doing with personal stuff on a work PC? and shouldn't your boss or someone higher than you have access to the comp if he/she wishes? maybe someone was being trained on your comp while you were out and you were never told about it. i don't know your work environment, so these are all just guesses.

no, not personal stuff at all.

Hes not a boss, more like a collegue in the same department. Its more something I was working on for the company, and I dont want ideas stolen, that sort of stuff.

it was when I wasnt at work. They logged in under their own username and password. I spose the only thing I could do would be to hide the work somewhere, but thats pretty silly.

Data encryption also works... You can get a program called PGP (prettygoodprotection) that will render the data useless to anyone other than you.

hope that helps.
BTW, if he has network admin access, there isn't much you can do to stop him from getting to that machine. One way (only temporary if he is good) would be to remove the group that gives him access to it, as well as add yourself to the local admin group. Then until he forces his way back in, you are protected. Also, you can use windows file encryption and then export the ky from the machine and store is in a personal place so only you can get at it. That will protect it even from local admins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom