Someone tell me the RIGHT way to load software

Status
Not open for further replies.

BubbaGump69

Baseband Member
Well it seems I need to reinstall windows xp. I downloaded sp2 and it f*cked up my system. I tried to just remove it but couldn't. I tried to do a repair of windows but it didn't work. I've installed os's many times but I would like to know the best way to load everything. So should it be win xp, sp1, sp2, utility drivers, av, and firewall?

How did SP2 fk up your system? What exactly happened?

Other than that, just install XP, then let it upgrade itself to SP2.

XP, there will be about 2 updates before SP2, then SP2 will install, a few updates after that will install, then you can load your drivers.

also, SP2 will include SP1 so no need for it. May want to look at slipstreaming the os with the service pack for future use so it installs it along with the os without the need to download it again. Just google it.

Bah...

Just install XP, throw in your drivers. Let XP update itself till it's content, then when all's done, update to SP2. Done.

I've followed that process at least 30 times in the past three weeks. Not a hitch.

Just install XP, throw in your drivers. Let XP update itself till it's content, then when all's done, update to SP2. Done.

Yeah I've tried that and that is why I posted my orignal thread.

Well thanks for the tips guys. I'll check the slipstream thing out. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom