Somebody PLEASE HELP ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

jch2273

Solid State Member
I have a toshiba Satellite that for some unknown reason has decided to CRASH....I am now trying to use the restore and recovery cd that came with the computer and I have attempted to restore 3 times. It goes all the way through 100% and then asks me to remove cd and press any key. the computer then re-boots and then NOTHING....When the computer first crashed it said bad command interpretor....which I assume something wiped out all the operating commands in the system....but shouldn't the recovery restore cd replace them? I don't know what to do....all I get is an A:\ upon restart or invalid command.....

Hello,

It sounds as if you have to use the Recovyer Partition and set your laptop back to factory settings. Hit F11 or F12 at boot to try and accomplish this.

Cheers,
Mak

Okay I hit the F12 button and all that does it lets me decide the boot order and the only one that will respond is the LAN option and it then tells me media link failure.....How do I check from the A:\ prompt to see if there had been a C:\ created....when I do a A:\ cd C:\ it says that it is an invalid drive specification

Hello,

If it says invalid drive that means no C: drive was created. You might have to use GParted LiveCD to format the drive and then try the restore discs you got.

SourceForge.net: Files
Version 0.3.3 is the one i have tested and use flawlessly.

Cheers,
Mak

Okay I downloaded file to a cd....can you walk me through this...do I put the cd in the dead computer ......I really know very little except for some basic stuff...

I'm sorry just 1 more question - I downloaded the file and everything but it says it is a LINUX file.....will this work for me

Did you burn the image with imgburn like Mak said? If so, boot to that CD. You don't run it from Windows; you boot to it.

Yes, GParted LiveCD uses a Linux operating system to do its work. But it's supposed to be that way, and it's ok to use. It won't install Linux; it just uses Linux while it's doing its work. You'll just be partitioning and formatting your drive as an NTFS drive, then you can boot to your Windows CD/DVD to install Windows.

Yes I did it just like Mak said to and its been running (it says scanning) now for about an hour....how long does this take.....or am I doing something wrong again. I booted from the cd I made with imgburn. Thank ya'll sooo much

Something just went wrong. the gparted cut itself off and the computer creen just went back to the dead screen. This looks like a big uh-oh

Download memtest an burn it to disk like you did with Gparted, It will tell you if you have any memory problems. Did anything happen to this laptop before it messed up on you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom