Somebody PLEASE HELP ME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a problem we like to help. :D

Stick around an learn, there are loads of nice people on here.

I will be around trying to learn all that I can.....you guys have just been great to me. There is so much great information here!!!!

Not to be a wet blanket, but very often the recovery CD's rely on the recovery partition and are not the actual operating system. With a new hard drive, you won't have the recovery partition. Give it a try anyway, you may be lucky.

Tosh recovery CD's are the OS an drivers for a that model of the laptop or desktop ect.

I know this as i have just replaced the hard drive's on 4 of them made a nice little profit on that one bought them from some office that was upgrading them an where keep the hard drives (something to do with the financial records they take the originals need to be kept for 5 years) £35 a pop 10er for the new hard drives (any one who has a IT business in Europe look at ESS european stock shop very cheep) an i am gonna be selling them at around the £150 mark.

Hello,

With many Windows XP machines before Vista there was not the use of the Recovery Partition by many vendors. A few did it but many still use special XP Disc's created specifically for that system. Just like Dell did. Toshiba was one of them as well. So using the Disc should be just fine.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom