some navigation related questions

bigdan

Daemon Poster
i've been on win 7 for a while, am still missing xp. a couple questions for usability

1/ the frequently used start menu programs, is there some way to sticky them? im not finding a way. for example i have to type in iTunes each time to find it.

2/ at work i deal with a number of different folders. in xp we could bookmark these folders in the windows explorer window. is there a way of doing that? at the moment in winexplorer i goto Recent, but for some reason that shows tens maybe hundreds of folders. not very helpful.

3/ in win explorer how do i go up one folder? for example if im in documents\excel and i just want to goto documents how do i do that? in xp there was the up folder button but win 7 doesnt seem to have that? of course i could just click on the documents button in the address bar but that doesnt seem as convenient somehow.

1. Right click, Pin To Start Menu
2. Drag them into the window, or create shortcuts to them in your Documents folder.
3. Press Back, or the name of the "Up" folder. No real way to do so anymore.

1. Right click, Pin To Start Menu
2. Drag them into the window, or create shortcuts to them in your Documents folder.
3. Press Back, or the name of the "Up" folder. No real way to do so anymore.

whoops sorry didnt see this til now.

in pt 2 what do you mean by dragging them into the window. which window?

Back
Top Bottom