Some help please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

woot7800GT

Daemon Poster
Hey all, I've got a couple problems:

1. When I try to shut down my computer, it always restarts. I have to manually hold the power button to get it to turn off. Any ideas? I have reason to beleive my mobo is going bad, could this be to blame?

2. For no apparent reason, my computer went from this theme:

winxpbeta2pre04mq4.gif

To this:

untitledva9.png

I'd like to get it back to the XP themed shut down box and task manager. I've tried everything! Any advice?

1. for first problem ACPI is responsible for shutting down your PC the, so make sure ACPI is enabled in the BIOS. you can just always reset the BIOS to its defaults if you know what you are doing.

Updating the BIOS of your mainboard may also help.

2. control panel > user accounts > user accounts > change the way user log on and off > make sure those two boxes are checked if it give you an error let me know and i can help with the error my friend had this problem and i had to uninstall a net service let me know the error tho if it gives you one

...I think your system is restarting because it's doing an Automatic Restart, which occurs when the system encounters an unrecoverable error (at shutdown procedure in your case).

Follow this guide to ensure that Automatic Restart is off:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/russel_02may13.mspx

...Then restart your PC, and see if you encounter a blue screen of death with an error message & code.

i dont think thats what hes saying i would think that to but it is restarting on shut down not on startup.

EDIT: nvm didnt read right but u can try that if the BIOS fix doesnt work. let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom