Software Update Checker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the programs auto updater to be of better use than any 3rd party software. It is far easier to have them check their own site than to rely on a 3rd party site to check the site, then update their site and their software if there is a new release. It could be days or longer before you actually find out if there is a new release. That coupled with RSS feeds of the programs your worried about means you will know faster than any 3rd party site. Email Notifications would do teh same as RSS feeds as well.

Ah kk. Only reason I asked is because I'm on 1 of the office PC at the moment and I just wanted a fast way to check that all the software on it is updated. Would be slightly tedious to go through all of them 1 by 1. Other than that, I do as you said above, either go through 1 by 1 or use RSS feeds of the website if I'm keeping up-to-date on something specific.

Well being an Office PC they should all have the same software installed right? I mean a couple of machines might have a couple different apps cause they are needed but still, relying on a 3rd party to do this for you is not the way to go. It would be far better for you to have a list of the software on the PC's and then via the network distribute and run the software upgrades. Dont trust others with the safety of your production machines. It will only cost you in the end when a flaw is found in Adobe that you didnt find out about for a couple days and your machines are affected due to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom