Software installation problem..... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2007, 11:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exclamation Software installation problem.....

hey again, I'm having a problem with xp.

I had to reinstall XP about 4 weeks ago because my p3 850mhz had locked up my pc constantly and eventually prevented XP from being installed again. I put my p3 751mhz back in my old system again and everything is almost perfect. I'm having a very bad problem installing software and getting them to execute start & finish the installation. when *any* programs began setup it will start up and get as close to doing setup or lockup and will allow other system files to go on about its business however though if I end the process for the installation it will lock up the whole PC and the CPU will hit 100% for 15-45 minutes, kill the installation or crash the pc and reboot. this has been going on for the past 7 days. Right now I need to install nero 7 and dream weaver 8 but I can't do this with the current problem I have, and I need to back up 40gigs worth of files on my 80gig HDD to a DVD-R but can't do it without nero 6, 7 or roxio. please someone help me out with this problem..... I never had this kind of problem even with that bad CPU I had 2 months ago.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Software installation problem.....

have you installed the correct drivers since you reinstalled windows? If you haven't windows is using generic drivers for your systemw hich cuold cause the system to lock up.
Closed Thread