software installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snypercore

Daemon Poster
i have just reinstalled windows xp pro and i selected the keep the "program files" option instead of the boot dic formating my HDD

i now have in C:/Program files a load of folders with software files insde
i can still run the software by finding the EXE in the software root e.g
Counterstrik source C:/programe files/Steam/ then runing the steam app from here

but on the add/remove programes list none of my software is there neither on my start menu START>ALL PROGRAMES is there any way i can get them back on the start menu and add/remove programes list without uninstalling and reinstalling?

hope that makes more sense

I think he means that after reinstalling Win XP Pro it kept he's old program files, which are still in C:\Program files. The problem is that none of them are in the add\remove programs in the control panel or on the start menu. So how does he get them back to the add\remove programs and the start menu.

I think you'd have to reinstall\repair them as the registry keys for them are missing. The links for a user on the start menu would be in C:\Documents and Settings\"UserName"\Start Menu\Programs as .Ink files. For all users there in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu, in the same format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom