software im looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdan

Daemon Poster
two random software's im looking for, hope someone can suggest some.

One, I want something w/ which to monitor my bandwidth activity. I've somehow had traffic of over 60 gigs on my home network in the last 2 weeks, mostly upload, and I cant figure that out. I had some great software 5 years ago but I just cant remember the name. The last time I downloaded something I didnt care much for it. So I'd like it to keep track of d/l and u/l, preferrably over the last week / month / year, and also tell me the current speed.

Second, I want something with which I can download streaming audio / video. Real Player used to be able to do that but I just cant get it to do so anymore. I want to extract the audio from a youtube recording. Youtube used to have a realplayer popup but nwo I'm not getting that. If you know what I'm doing wrong there, just telling me that might solve this :) I did find a program called SoundTap, its actually decent for my use, the only problem w/ that is that the volume its recording at is pretty low. Hmmm.

That second one will mean downloading copyrighted content (since you mention YT specifically), so I don't think we can help you there regarding the forum's rules.

The first program is nothing more than an Network Monitor. There are many available across the internet.

yeah a network monitor might be it. there's 100s online but i was looking for recommendations on some. the last few i downloaded i didnt like.

for the streaming i didnt mean youtube specifically, but even if i did most of the stuff on it is not copyright afaik.

If it is on a site like YouTube then yes it is. As every site that has videos for viewing are the actual copyright owners of that material. So you would have to get express permission not only from the site that is hosting the video but the original author who does own the video if you can modify it. Not saying that there isnt extensions that can do it, but still we will not direct you in this matter.

As for the network monitor, we have a whole section about networking in which this topic has been very active. I am sure a quick glance through that specific area will net you more results than asking about Networking in the Windows area. It isnt the area of expertise here. ;)

ahhh i wondered if this was the correct section, it just seemed the most appropriate. will post that part there. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom