Software to compress video size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Hi All, just looking for a software, preferably something simple and free that will allow me to compress .avi .mpeg files. I'm mostly working with .avi's if it matters. Just trying to shrink the files small enough to email to friends using Yahoo email which limits size to under 10mbs. Most clips are around 30-35 seconds and average from 30-50mbs with a resolution of 640x480. I have no problem shrinking it to 320x200 as long as quality still remains "OK".

Thank you for any ideas.

Hi All, just looking for a software, preferably something simple and free that will allow me to compress .avi .mpeg files. I'm mostly working with .avi's if it matters. Just trying to shrink the files small enough to email to friends using Yahoo email which limits size to under 10mbs. Most clips are around 30-35 seconds and average from 30-50mbs with a resolution of 640x480. I have no problem shrinking it to 320x200 as long as quality still remains "OK".

Thank you for any ideas.

autogk which is free or use YouSendIt - File Sharing Transfer Delivery - PC FTP Replacement

Autogk is AWESOME! Wow! Totally simple and I can even tell it what size I want the final file to be in!! Thanks, it's PERFECT.

EricB to the rescue on this one! I spent hours going through horrible freeware stuff. I bet I wasted 10 hours on this. Sigh. Thank you VERY much :)

EricB, do you know of any free programs to convert .mov to .avi? I only have 2 files in that format I need converted so not worth buying a program.

Autogk is AWESOME! Wow! Totally simple and I can even tell it what size I want the final file to be in!! Thanks, it's PERFECT.

EricB to the rescue on this one! I spent hours going through horrible freeware stuff. I bet I wasted 10 hours on this. Sigh. Thank you VERY much :)

EricB, do you know of any free programs to convert .mov to .avi? I only have 2 files in that format I need converted so not worth buying a program.

quicktime pro and maybe nero does it, but they aren't free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom