Software Advice Needed Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysterio

Beta member
Hi all,

Im hoping someone can help please.

I have an application used by hundreds of people in my place of work which is very flaky. Anyway, as usual, the 'owners' (internal and external) will not take ownership of the problem and deny there is an issue with it.

Once and for all I want to prove there IS an issue with the application, AND prove the Workstations do not have problems (Memory, processor, etc)

What methods would you use to prove this?

Im thinking perf mon, etc - along those lines. Would appreciate comments.

A BIG drink in it for all helpers ;-)

Cheers

Well, I'm not sure how to prove the app has problems. But, I can help y ou with the hardware part of it.

First off, if many different workstations have the same problems with the app, then that is the first clue it is the app and not the hardware running it.

There are a few diagnostic apps you can run to prove your systems are functioning correctly.

One is freshdiagnose which can be found here: Fresh Diagnose - Free diagnostic software: analyze and benchmark your computer system. Test your pentium 4, pentium iii, pentium ii, pentium 5, pentium iv, pentium processor, intel pentium, pentium 4 processor, intel pentium 4, pentium 2, pentium pro

There are a few others, however, this one is the one I like to use.

You can select sections to scan, and it will tell you exactly what is going on with those components.

Hope it helped a little :)

~snake~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom