So slow to Install....Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
I am new to Vista..I have been a die hard XP Pro SP2 guy. I just built a New puter wiht the following specs: eVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR Socket T (LGA 775), E6550, 4 gigs of Patriot Extreme DDR2 800, Asus DVD/RW, Audigy ZS2 Platinum, floppy, 700 wtatt Grid modular PSU, 8800gts 330mb. It is taking forever to load Vista...like hours...is this normal? Opps, WD800 80 gig + maxtor 500 gig HD's.

of course it's not normal...
remove 2 g of ram...
install without the soundcard if that's actually not onboard

of course it's not normal...
remove 2 g of ram...
install without the soundcard if that's actually not onboard

They are 2 x 2gigs so I should install it wiht 1 gig in single channel mode? Never had that problem with an XP install. I'm thinking it's the mobo but the bios boots normally. Sound card in is PCi. I'll give it a shot.

Last few times I have tried to install vista on a machine, I ended up having to go to one stick of ram and disabling all the onboard parts, such as soundcard, nic, and various other things.... Just go about disabling one thing at a time and try to go as basic as possible, once installed, enable one thing at a time and install its drivers till you get it all working/....

Last few times I have tried to install vista on a machine, I ended up having to go to one stick of ram and disabling all the onboard parts, such as soundcard, nic, and various other things.... Just go about disabling one thing at a time and try to go as basic as possible, once installed, enable one thing at a time and install its drivers till you get it all working/....

The genuis of Microsoft! Thanks!

Vista is not that hard to install. XP 32 Bit gives you this issue when trying to isntall with 4GB of RAM. When using a 32 Bit OS you can not use 4GB of RAM. It causes nothign but problems. Espically when trying to install for the first time.

Either use a 64 Bit OS or remove 2GB.

Everything is diabled. 1 2gig stick of memory, no PCi cards....no change. I'm thinking I have a hardware issue wiht the mobo but I have no Idea. I'll just let it go and take the rest of the night to install. I stoped it as it was unpacking files and that was at 2 hours and it was only at 11%. My primary machines are good. This is a third build for my Son.

If you can, check the HCL and make sure your parts are compatable... Have you tried checking the motherboard manufactures website for issues installing vista using there boards???? Could also be a faulty optical drive... Just throwing some ideas out there....

WOW, seems like Vista is a pain to install.

:p Vista is easy breezy beautiful cover girl simple to install :D

always have to go with "trimming" since we don't know a lot of other information...and the beauty of WinX, vista or xp, is that it supports so much, we have to contend with numerous variables.

might be a bios setting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom