so I want to know if there is a way that can make any app portable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex2010

Solid State Member
Hey, guys,

I recently interested in PortableApps.com.

But now I want that i can make all the app portale.

Can anyone please tell me how can i make any app portable.

btw. By making them portable, I will be able to run any game off my usb drive, which is more easier in mobility than a notebook. thanks.

There is no way to make just any application a portable application. Its not like you could take WoW and make it portable. The reason these applications are portable is due to the fact they leave no trace of their software on the system being used.

So no folder stored in the hidden files of Windows for the profile. Which in turn means no changing any options and using all default settings. No Program Files folder to store the executable and any other information. No folder elsewhere to store what ever else it might have.

Each application is unique on where it stores the different parts of it program. Each program is coded and the executable is compiled this way. Even portable apps are compiled this way. So you would have to not only know how to uncompile the executable, but have the rights from the maker of the software to do such a thing. Which isnt going to happen for many pieces of software.

Hi, thanks, Mak and Saxon,

and Saxon, what do you mean by VMware virtual app? Do you mean Thinapp ? I am interested in it, but its price amzes me. four figures.....

Do you know any other ware similar to Thinapp?

This is what I have just found. Prayaya V3, similar to VM ware. seems cool and useful.

Prayaya V3 fully tested.

Basically, it allows you to launch most apps and games off a USB drive BUT not officially claimed any app and game.

A few apps that I have tried on it: Firefox, Opera, Safari, MS office, Nero, Winrar, Virtual DJ, Skype, Plants vs Zombie, KM Player, Yahoo Messenger, MSN, Picasa. These are my daily used apps. And they work perfectly.

However, there are some that seems not working on it like Google Chrome, PhotoShop, Coreldraw.

Also I found that Prayaya V3 seems to write registry into USB but not a host computer. I think that is why it can launch most apps. a good advantage is that not any trace will be left on a computer if you run it off a USB drive.

Generally, I think it is a cool ware that is worthy of a try. I like its cool interface, cool feeling switching between two systems though actually not. However, if you just want to run common apps off a USB drive, I think PortableApps.com is enough for you. If you want to go furthur, Prayaya V3 is a good try.

If you like, I would like to release more information about using it.

Im going to go with my first thought in my head when I read this. Dream on, I have a bunch of apps I would love to make portable

Hey, Mike?

Did you try it on local hard disk? It seems not to work on System Disk, usually Disk C?

:yum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom