So I have windows XP professional x64 edition - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 02:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Default So I have windows XP professional x64 edition (evaluation version)

What do I have to do to make it permanent? Do I call up microsoft and tell them I want to pay to have it be permanent? Thanks.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Web Programmer

Default Re: So I have windows XP professional x64 edition

what on earth are you talking about? i don't think anyone has a clue what you mean by "permanent"...

Web Developer Portfolio
Old 07-11-2007, 03:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

ack, sorry I meant I have the evaluation version I got from microsoft.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Web Programmer

aah. well, buying it would be a good idea . either order it from somewhere and input the CD key, or hunt around on the microsoft website for something 'Windows Genuine Advantage' which you pay for and itll give u a CD key and post you a CD sometime later.

Web Developer Portfolio
Old 07-11-2007, 01:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

I once posted a free link to it. you just had to sacrifice your other xp. there are lot of ways around this though. like running dual boot xp and upgrading the second one
Old 07-11-2007, 03:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdocsvan View Post
aah. well, buying it would be a good idea . either order it from somewhere and input the CD key, or hunt around on the microsoft website for something 'Windows Genuine Advantage' which you pay for and itll give u a CD key and post you a CD sometime later.
Okay so I went to the genuine advantage page and got this:

Validation is not currently supported for this version of Windows or for this non-Microsoft operating system.

It appears that you are using an operating system that is not currently supported by the validation process. Only the following operating systems are currently supported:

* Windows XP Home Edition
* Windows XP Professional
* Windows XP Starter Edition
* Windows XP Media Center Edition
* Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
* Windows Vista

So what do I do now? Call microsoft and tell them I want to make the evaluation version permanent?
Old 07-11-2007, 10:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

the free one expired
Exchange Windows XP Professional (32-bit) for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition for a limited time
Old 07-11-2007, 10:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
True Techie

That doesn't help me... how in the heck do I make the evaluation version permanent?!?!
Old 07-11-2007, 11:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

you are an ungrateful BuTCH. I posted that because I spent about 3 hour trying to find that link for you, because I knew that there was a place where you could get it for free. Well when I found it, I found that it had expired. since the forum had been upgraded you can't find old posts. but at least I had tried.

you can't make an evaluation version permanent. I might have gave you a copy of my xp 64 corporate if you weren't such a Duck
Old 07-11-2007, 11:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
True Techie

Gee whiz, I was just wanting to know some info on how to make it permanent, no need to get all PMSy on me.

Closed Thread