Snipping tool disappeared in Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hey, my snipping tool on my rig disappeared a few weeks ago and is nowhere to be found. Before this happened, I could type in "snipping tool" in search and it always came up. Not anymore. I tried to locate it in the Programs and Features under "Turn Microsoft creature features on or off" but no go again.

Can anyone help me find my missing snipping tool? I miss her dearly because I've needed her often and she is no where to be found. I'm really struggling with feelings of abandonment issues now.

Soar

The snipping tool should be located in Windows\System32\

Edit:
Try this. Go to the Control Panel, then Programs. From the Programs screen go to Programs and Features then click on "Turn Windows features on or off". Make sure the "Tablet PC Components" box is checked.

The snipping tool should be located in Windows\System32\

Edit:
Try this. Go to the Control Panel, then Programs. From the Programs screen go to Programs and Features then click on "Turn Windows features on or off". Make sure the "Tablet PC Components" box is checked.

Slay,

Thanks for your effort to help me. Ok, I made sure "Tablet PC Components" box is checked. Yes, it is, and I still cannot find Miss Snipping Tool!

Any other ideas?

I also tried this [to no avail]:

1. Type in 'cmd' in the start menu search, and press

'Ctrl' + 'Shift' + 'Enter'.

2. Click 'Yes' if a user account control window pops up.
3. Type in:

sfc /scannow

and press enter.
4. Wait until the scan finishes, and restart your computer

Soar

EDIT: Ok, I think I solved the problem, but I still do not know why Miss Snipping Tool did the disappearing trick in the first place!

I went to Windows\System32\ because that is where you said it is located. Sure enough, it was there. Next, I pinned it to the task bar as well as the start up menu, and sure enough I now have access to it again. Thanks, because I was missing it for several weeks. As I googled missing Snipping Tool, I discovered many people are having the same problem, but no one seems to be able to tell us why it has been occurring.

Not to worry, I am happy because you helped me to locate it and re-pin it to my start menu Slay.

Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Soar

Slay,

Thanks for your effort to help me. Ok, I made sure "Tablet PC Components" box is checked. Yes, it is, and I still cannot find Miss Snipping Tool!

Any other ideas?

I also tried this [to no avail]:

1. Type in 'cmd' in the start menu search, and press

'Ctrl' + 'Shift' + 'Enter'.

2. Click 'Yes' if a user account control window pops up.
3. Type in:

sfc /scannow

and press enter.
4. Wait until the scan finishes, and restart your computer

Soar

Hope that solves the problem. Also read a reply and someone said they reinstalled the Tablet PC components and it came back, not sure how you do this but you could give it a try.

Nice one Howard ..

Reinstalled Tablet and hey presto

snipping tool Back ..

ThankYou

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom